Search Unity

Submitted game as a Draft, now what?

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by PuneetK, Sep 22, 2013.

1. PuneetK

PuneetK

Am I supposed to contact blackberry or unity to get my Z10 device so I can test my game?

Also is there any limitation on what your draft should contain? I mean, does it have to be playable on the Bb10 phones? Right now the draft Ive submitted is a very rudimentary form of my game, seeing as how I didn't have a testing device

2. ScottyB

ScottyB

I'm not sure of BlackBerry's process but I can let you know my experience.

After I submitted the bar file of my game to BlackBerry World in draft, I simply waited to see what would happen. After about 3 days or so I received an email that allowed me to "order" my test Z10 device. I placed my order and got a confirmation that the device was sent 1 day later. According to FedEx, my delivery should arrive tomorrow, which would mean that delivery took 4 days (I live in Australia). All this would give me a total time from submission of the draft to fulfilled delivery of about 8 days which is pretty good in my books (for living in Australia).

I've read that the detecting of the fact that your game is done with Unity is automatic on BlackBerry World's end but I don't know for sure. If you don't hear from BlackBerry within 5 days of submitting (remember to check your spam folder daily) then I would try to contact someone. Maybe try some of the forum posters here from BlackBerry first.

3. bryantdrewjones

bryantdrewjones

Have you received your email from BlackBerry yet to order the device? I'm in the same boat as you...submitted a draft and waiting for a response :confused:

4. icreate

icreate

We are in the same state as well, about 10 days now and no communication from BB.
    Is there a specific contact e-mail we can reach out to?

5. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Maybe reach out to @rmadhavan7 on this forum.

6. icreate

icreate

Thanks Graham, I sent @rmadhavan7 a pm and hopefully he can help.

7. daisySa

daisySa

I just received my email from Blackberry confirming acceptance, and asking where to ship the Z10.

I submitted my draft .bar on Sep 18, and wrote to madhavan7 on Sep 28. If you're still waiting, just hang in there!

8. icreate

icreate

Just got the same email now. :)

9. PuneetK

PuneetK

I believe they send out all shipment mails on Monday, or it could be they were busy with BB Jam Asia the last weekend.

Got the same email as well :)

10. PuneetK

PuneetK

Did you get your device?

11. daisySa

daisySa

No, I haven't received mine. Also, the email I received from Blackberry last week said

"Thank you for ordering. You'll receive notification when your product is about to ship."

...but I haven't heard from them again.

12. PuneetK

PuneetK

Same.
    But to the people who got their devices in 3,4 days.. did they recieve any confirmation mail afterwards?

13. icreate

icreate

I received another e-mail 1-hour later with shipment confirmation. Then the device arrived 1 day after.
    I am in Canada, device was shipped from the states, your case might be different.

14. PuneetK

PuneetK

Yeah, possibly. I live in India, so could take a few days.
    Could you post a screen shot of your shipment confirmation mail?

@daisyDynamics: Let me know if you get the confirmation mail, we can be eachothers moral support to know we will get the device xD

15. daisySa

daisySa

LOL - sure, will do. I hope it doesn't turn out to be one of these all-too-common "offer does not apply if you live in Asia" things. :)

16. icreate

icreate

If i do that and blackout all my personal info, I will send you a black screen. It is basically the same e-mail as the order confirmation with the exception of tracking shipment# under the shipping information.

You could also raise a support ticket with BB.

17. daisySa

daisySa

Hey PuneetK, have you received your device (or tracking ID) yet? Still nothing here...

18. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

19. daisySa

daisySa

Thanks Erik, this was for the promotion to get a Z10 test device, not the Gamepad offer.

I've sent an email to the BlackBerry developer program (and included the confirmation number for the Z10) and copied you. Any help is much appreciated!

20. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Confirmed that the email is received and I'll be following-up with the team today.

21. daisySa

daisySa

Many thanks for your help Erik! It's all cleared up now - I have my Fedex tracking number and I see the Z10 is currently in Ohio, final destination Singapore. :)

22. Grespon

Grespon

Do you guys received the 'order" email after submitting or after the .bar was approved ??

I'm asking because my app wasn't approved yet due to some bugs. But it was submitted on October 29 and I still didn't receive any email about the Z10 promotion.

I thought the Z10 would be 'pre-given' after the submission and you could keep it if the app was approved.

23. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

Grespon, best bet is to reach out to the BlackBerry Developer program team at BlackBerryDeveloperProgram@blackberry.com. Provide your application name and ID, and ask them to confirm whether it's been identified for the Z10 promotion. Feel free to CC me on there (eoros@blackberry.com) and I'll prod them if needed, but usually they're pretty good about responding within a day or two.

A Draft application should suffice, however you do need to have an existing Unity Pro License to qualify; to which the BlackBerry Pro License Add-on will be applied.

24. Grespon

Grespon

Hi Erik,
    The BlackBerry PRO license was succesfully added, even before I submitted the .bar file. I just don't know about the Z10 device.

I'm gonna ask them. Thanks!

25. Grespon

Grespon

Well, finally my game was approved, and the device is coming to Brazil by Fedex.

Thanks Eric for all your support!

I'm just wondering how much taxes will I have to pay when the Z10 arrive... anybody knows how Fedex works in these cases?

26. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

Awesome stuff. My understanding is that you shouldn't have to pay any taxes. If that comes up, best bet again is to reach out to the Developer Program team and they should handle it.

27. Grespon

Grespon

I received today. No taxes. I really liked! Very nice OS and hardware.

I'll leave my iPhone where it fits better: the testing room :) I aways hated using it as my personal smartphone anyway.

Thanks again Erik for all your help!!