Search Unity

Question Subject: Issue with Unity Asset Particle Pack: Unable to Convert Certain materia to Universal Render

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by InTime66, May 28, 2023.

1. InTime66

InTime66

Hello Unity Community,

I hope this post finds you well. I'm currently facing an issue with the Unity Asset Particle Pack after trying to upgrade my project to the Universal Render Pipeline (URP). I've encountered a problem where certain custom materials, specifically IceDissolve, Dust, and a few others, fail to convert properly.

The error message I'm receiving is:

UnityEditor.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipelineMaterialUpgrader:UpgradeSelectedMaterialsMenuItem () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@14.0.7/Editor/UniversalRenderPipelineMaterialUpgrader.cs:62)

This issue seems to stem from the fact that these are custom shaders, and URP's automatic upgrader tool isn't capable of handling them. I've looked into possible solutions such as manual conversion, using Shader Graph, and seeking shader conversion tools, but I'm struggling to find a workable solution.

I'm writing to ask if anyone has encountered a similar issue and if so, how did you solve it? If anyone could provide advice or guidance on how to convert these shaders to be URP compatible, or recommend alternative methods for achieving similar effects in URP, I would greatly appreciate it.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Best Regards,
    Devorah