Search Unity

Question Sub emmited particle systems stay in local space?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Fitbie, May 26, 2023.

1. Fitbie

Fitbie

Hi!
    It's simple, I have 2 particle systems, one of them is the parent without renderer, and is only needed to generate the other particle system.
    The problem is that regardless of "Simulation Space" when I specify the second particle system as a sub emitter - it starts to behave like world space and leave a "trace". I need it act like local space.
    For simplicity I will give examples below

This is what I want to see

And this is what I get. I dont want it to spread/

Of course i can use a gameobject and write behavior for it. But it would be much easier for me if one particle system would emit another particle system and these particles wouldn't fly around and will stay in shape.
    How can I do this? I googled and searched through the Unity demos and couldn't find an answer.

2. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

you might be able to use the inherit velocity module to help with this, if simulation space isn’t working out.

3. Fitbie

Fitbie

Hi richardkettlewell! Yeah, i try the inherit module and all configurations, still the same problem: it keep acting like trail.
    Tbh "current mode" in this module does nothing. Mode "Initial" makes things worse.