Search Unity

Stylus button not registered in Unity5

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by frikic, Nov 9, 2015.

1. frikic

frikic

Hi,

After transition to Unity5 from Unity4 our game stopped working normally with stylus input. So stylus movement is registered correctly but stylus button is not sending OnMouseDown() events.

We are testing with Wacom stylus on Windows as target platform. Game is still working as expected in our older Unity4 build, so i was wondering if something was changed in relation to stylus input in Unity5?

2. charlie-peter

charlie-peter

I'm also in Unity 5 targeting a Windows 7 tablet, and am running into the same problem, Stylus detection but no OnClick events from it. Have you figured anything out since?

3. Jaimi

Jaimi

Have you all created a bug report?

4. IvMartin

IvMartin

I'm facing the same issue. Any version above 5.0.0 is giving me headaches on Windows Tablets with Wacom stylus pens/Touch monitors (aka. Feel It / PenTab technology). It's obvious something has been changed.

Luckily, if your problem is under Windows with a common USB Wacom tablet, you can go to the Wacom driver preferences and disable the "Windows Ink" feature, which is probably causing your problems.

Anyway, this is not a fix since you'll have to tell all your users/customers to do the same. Not so professional imo.