Search Unity

Assets Stylized Desert Materials

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by SnarkyPixel, Jan 29, 2019.

1. SnarkyPixel

SnarkyPixel

I'm currently working on a set of stylized desert materials that I hope to release next week. I thought I would put up a little post here to get some feedback from you guys, you're the ones who will end up using it after all! :p Also if you have anything you would like to see, please let me know, I would really appreciate that!

At the moment I have 65 materials, some of which can be customized by changing the color value. All materials come in at least 2048x2048 resolution and have a roughness/metallic texture as well as a normal map, which can be disabled for a more cartoony look. There are also two particles - one more suitable for large plumes of smoke and one useful for making dust clouds.

The liquid lava material (the sad pink one) you see in the video is a placeholder material and does not look great, the actual proper material will be made next. In addition to that there will be a red sand to go with the striated red rock and another wood texture for dead trees.

Town Overview.png

Fence and Mr Cactus.png Palm Tree.png Smoke.png Striations FTW.png

This demo scene including all objects you see will be included for testing the materials on, but they are just a bonus and support will be limited when it comes to them. However they are low poly and do have colliders for anyone who would like to use them anyway.

2. John3D

John3D

I looks nice! I like the dust clouds.

SnarkyPixel likes this.
  3. SnarkyPixel

SnarkyPixel

Thank you!! :)

The lava and dead tree materials are now complete, leaving only the red sand in a few different configurations to be made before I can upload the package for approval. Here's the hot stuff:

Hot Stuff.png
    NotAGoodPlaceToStand.png Sad Tree.png Very Hot Stuff.png

4. shruu_who

shruu_who

Really nice evolution in the stylized lava flow texture. Looks awesome! And as the previous poster posted, nice dust particles. I am really interested in this desert scenario! Nice ripples, and environmentally accurate.

SnarkyPixel likes this.
  5. eaque

eaque

hi,

My project happens in a desert and is anime style so any stylised desert texture or material always interests me..
    great work you did!
    could you show the set of ground textures you created?

6. SnarkyPixel

SnarkyPixel

Thank you!! :)

Here, I put them out on a grid for you. I hope this helps you see whether they are useful or not. A number of these materials have a few different versions with different size tiles and amount of wear. If there is anything you would like to see added, let me know and I'll add it!

With normal maps:

GroundMaterials.png

Without normal maps:

GroundMaterialsFlat.png

eaque likes this.
  7. eaque

eaque

I like the toonish style for my project...

The 4 white sand at the bottom left are very interesting for splamapping , maybe some more variation like a sand with footsteps and a dry one.... you could only pack this set only as textures i think...

-what is the price of your entire package?