Search Unity

Stuttery Scene view (just updated to macOS 10.14.4

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Aaron-Meyers, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Aaron-Meyers

Aaron-Meyers

I noticed today that when I tumble the Scene View in the Unity editor, its stuttery. Never had this issue before and my MacBook Pro has a Vega 20 so it's pretty well-equipped.

I tried opening an empty scene and the scene view is still stuttery. Tried a few different versions of Unity, same problem.

Somehow not an issue in play mode: the same scene which would be stuttery while tumbling the camera is now smooth while play mode is on.

I suspect this could have something to do with the macOS 10.14.4 update I installed yesterday, but who knows.

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

It has been like that for my Mac mini for a while now.

3. Aaron-Meyers

Aaron-Meyers

Hmm... actually I realized that I also downloaded the new beta release of Unity Hub and was launching from that.

Just tried launching from the old Unity Hub and my scene view is smooth again.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AcidArrow likes this.
  4. MobileGamesPro

MobileGamesPro

Since I upgraded to macOS 10.14.4, my game is blocking so often, unity crashes, I had to restart my iMac several times today.

I returned to 10.14.3 and works fine.

Just yesterday came a new version of Unity, I did not have time to try it in macOS 10.14.4, perhaps they have fixed the problem.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019