Search Unity

Stuttering, fps drop, vsync

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by NvdL, May 29, 2017.

1. NvdL

NvdL

Hello all,
    I have a strange problem with my game. There is a rhytmic stutter and in the profiler I can see that it is accompanied by a peak in Vsync and a drop in fps. I tried decreasing the number of objects but the stutter remains. I also turned off Vsync in the Nvidia control panel and in Unity but still the same problem exists. I attached a picture of the profiler that shows this rhytmhic v sync peak.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks a lot in advance!
    Best, Nynke

Attached Files:

2. jvo3dc

jvo3dc

3. NvdL

NvdL

Hi jvo3dc,
    Thanks for your response. I indeed am running a multi monitor setup (HTC Vive). It seems there is no fix or workaround for it? That is a pity since this stutter is really annoying.
    Best, Nynke

4. jvo3dc

jvo3dc

Yes, like I posted before in other threads, would be really good to get this fixed since VR setups always fall in the multi monitor setup category. This issue has been in there for quite a while and it can be recreated with nothing more than an empty scene.

5. NvdL

NvdL

Yes, I agree. This is really annoying and makes it also impossible to make a proper game for HTC with Unity...
    It seems that it is impossible to turn Vsync off. Even when the settings are 'No sync', the problem still occurs. And even when in Nvidia control panel it is off.

6. Irrgeist

Irrgeist

I came here from google. I have 3 monitors. The game view on the left monitor. Stuttering:

I guess nothing has changed by the end of 2018 (using Unity 2018.2.16f1)

7. Victor_Luxinten

Victor_Luxinten

I exposed the same issue here

I'm on mono-screen and experiencing with empty projects and on multiple devices / builds (PC, laptop, mobile phones).
    The stuttering is easy to see with just a cube moving back and forth in front of an orthographic camera.

Also, I tested it with the 2019.1 alpha and the new Incremental GC, it's even worse.