Search Unity

Stupid question - 2D Platform Tutorial FBX files in Cheetah

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by hoodoo99, Jun 8, 2009.

1. hoodoo99

hoodoo99

I'm working my way through the tutorials and thought I would load some of the fbx files in the 2D Platform tutorial into Cheetah3D. I have Cheetah3D 4.6.3.

Here's the problem: when I load Lerpz.fbx or Spaceship.fbx into Cheetah, I don't see the mesh. If on the other hand I create a simple object in Cheetah and save it to my Unity project's Assets folder as an fbx file, I can see it fine in both Unity and Cheetah.

So is there a known issue with Cheetah3D being able to view these FBX files? I've searched the forums and have not been able to figure this out.

Thanks!

2. AaronC

AaronC

chances are its tiny. Try selecting it and scaling it up 100x. I cant explain why it happens like this sorry.

HTH
    AC

3. hoodoo99

hoodoo99

Thanks, that helps a lot! When I go to the Animation view in C3D and press play, the rootJoint goes back to a scale of 1.0. Not sure why.

I also don't know how to access each different animation sequence such as walk, run etc.

4. hoodoo99

hoodoo99

I posted on the C3D forum and got the answer of how to fix this without rescaling:

"Hi Dave.
    Simply check your Cheetah3d preferences "fbx-> Import scale factor". Set to 1.0 and import/open the file again works pretty well.

Cheers
    Frank"

That worked great and I can see the animation fine now. The problem I now see is that Lerpz' body is messed up, like one hand is attached to his head. Does anyone know how to get the model imported into C3D and keep all the body parts intact?

Thanks,

5. AaronC

AaronC

replied to on c3d forum :)

6. hoodoo99

hoodoo99

Thanks again, AC. It's all working now. For anyone interested you just need to set import setting of fbx file to load pre/post rotation. Seems obvious now!
    8)