Search Unity

Stunt Bike

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by pete, Jul 13, 2006.

1. pete

pete

Can you guess what I'm working on? Well don't get your hopes up. This is just a physics rig gone bad that I happened to like some aspects of. The bike's tough to control but fun. And yeah it's just a stand in for working out a physics set up. Pretty much the racing tut scripts and a slightly tweaked smooth follow script.

Arrow keys (or wasd). If you get stuck upside down you'll need to reload. And don't forget to go full screen. All I can say is I can see my house from here! Enjoy!

[edit: took down the player - sorry!]

2. Samantha

Samantha

Looking good so far! There are a lot of control issues... I found my bike rotating on its own after tapping buttons sometimes. But it's got lots of potential :) Don't stop!

3. Morgan

Morgan

Cool, thanks for sharing!

4. pete

pete

thanks and happy to share! this really isn't anything though. i just threw it together because it was kind of cool - getting that much air is sweet! it's actually a mistake while i was learning how the wheel physics works. i like the camera too. when you get air and it suddenly is smooth - feels like slow mo.

it's easier to control if you work the gas. don't go full throttle. you'll get up to 550+ kph! that's when you start getting airborne and have a tough time steering. keep it to around 200-250 or less and steerings much easier. then punch it when you hit the ramp. after you jump a bit you can figure out what angle to hit the ramps to do different types of tricks.

the respawn timer is a little too short. when you get really really big air you'll respawn. so you can't quite make a 720. doubt i'll fix it. this was just a quicky for grins. i might put something like this in the "real" project as a side game though and it is a fun time waster!

5. Mr-Logan

Mr-Logan

how come you took it down after less then a week? (wouldnt mind having checked it out ^^)

6. jeremyace

jeremyace

I belive he took it down because he needs to watch his bandwidth, and I think he is away right now.

-Jeremy

7. Mr-Logan

Mr-Logan

8. pete

pete

hey i'm back but busy at work. here's the player. it's nothing special and the bike is really tough to control because it's set up wrong. still I found it fun ;)

[Edit - took 'er down]

9. Mr-Logan

Mr-Logan

feels more like your controlling a stick with a bike attached to it, and sometimes it hits the ground and breaks the sticks speed a bit, but still a lot better then i could make it (atlest code-wise)

10. pete

pete

did i mention...
    >> it's nothing special and the bike is really tough to control because it's set up wrong. still I found it fun ;) <<

i just like the camera control when you hit a cool jump. play with it a while and you CAN control the bike. just watch your speed. nothing like doing a back flip 50 feet in the air. now if only it had a ragdoll rider...

btw you can do this with pretty much no scripting. took all of 10 or 15 minutes maybe (and yeah it shows). other than the lame bike geo and textures it's basically the standard indie assets. the level geo is just quicky primitives in editor. i think the only script i edited was the smooth follow camera script and i think all i changed was making the target camera z equal the bike z. forget exactly and sorry i didn't save the project itself because it was just goofin around. otherwise i'd share. the rest is just tweaking the wheel collider set up. this was simply a mistake that i found fun. that's all.