Search Unity

Stunning Point Click Horror - Dark Asylum - Hoping to kickstart its way to success.

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by stormystudio, Nov 30, 2012.

1. stormystudio

stormystudio

Hey guys n girls...

I'm proud to announce that stormy studio, our small indie team have launched a kickstarter campaign to try and secure funding to help finishing development on a big point and click horror title called 'Dark Asylum the 7 lost souls'.

Check it out here:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/678002393/dark-asylum-0?ref=live

At the moment the game is being made in a mostly 2D setup swiping between artwork and interactive elements. Though if we shoot over our goal we plan to make a full 3d asylum experience using Unity and adding a few more to our team.

We have an amazing photographer on board with a back catalogue of stunning photos.

Myself doing the programming, 3d modelling, digital painting and more (I've work for a professional studio doing 2D and 3D animation for the past 10 years).

My wife doing accounts and keeping the caffeine coming.

And Jonas a Swiss music composer who works for a big games studio already.

Please take a look at the game, pledge if you can and please spread the word in any way you can... by mouth, by web, by carrier pigeon, message in bottle... any thing.

Many thanks

Regards

Jon

Check it out here:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/678002393/dark-asylum-0?ref=live

2. stormystudio

stormystudio

Anyone checked it out yet... if we can get over our target we'd possibly be after a fellow Unity user to work alongside us based in the UK... Surrey area.

3. nipoco

nipoco

Looks really nice so far.

Good luck with that!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  4. Blacklight

Blacklight

Looks absolutely brilliant, best of luck to you guys!

5. stormystudio

stormystudio

Thanks for the positive comments guys.. I really appreciate it... especially after a quiet day on the 'pledge' front, you start questioning whether its any good...

Kickstarter Update

32 Backers, £620, 30 days to go...

Only on day 3 I think and I'm already worrying that its not gonna go much higher... need to keep the momentum going. I've emailed a tonne of blogs and media sites hopefully a few will pickup the story/campaign and help generate some interest.

So far its been a mix of a few fellow developers (thanks guys), friends and family and a handful of strangers who've bumped into the campaign whilst browsing kickstarter...

Only 33% of plays are completed of the video... so not sure if I should rework the video to cut to what the game is about sooner... or just hold position... so many options... maybe I should walk away and go to the pub...

6. RT-Visualization

RT-Visualization

The game looks really interesting, style is quite good and the idea behind it is pretty convincing

I think I will "bake" this project, but to be honest I think that the best solution ( to make money I mean ) would be to develop the game just for iOS and Windows...I'm saying this because Steam and AppStore are a good way to promote your game...then later you can invest some money to develop for Windows Phone, Mac and Android, and hopefully invest some more money later on to do a sequel/brand new game using the Unity engine...I think that you can easily develop the game without using the Unity engine at this stage, keep going with the 2D style, I really like the "old-school" point-and-click adventure feel that this game has

Keep going and keep us update, best of luck!

7. stormystudio

stormystudio

Thanks for the reply @RT-Visualization , some good advice there. Also nice to hear some positive feedback on the 2D style, especially when I'm easily swayed by the fun and shiny world of 3D.

I'm incredibly excited to announce that our KickStarter has just shot over the £2000 mark thanks to the last few backers.

Hopefully this will get the project some more attention...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/678002393/dark-asylum-0

8. Bork-Awesome

Bork-Awesome

This is right up my street - can't wait! - so much so I blew the cobwebs off my wallet and submitted a pledge to spur you along (enough to cover kettle + tea for all the long days nights ahead) :D

Best of luck with the project!

9. fano_linux

fano_linux

I love it... great work keep it up...

10. stormystudio

stormystudio

@Bork Awesome , thats awesome... many thanks for the pledge... very much appreciated... I'll go put the kettle on now... ah.. tea... that's better.

@fano_linux ... Thanks...

I'm now planning a little viral video to go along with the campaign, take a little inspiration from the Brazillian Elevator Prank video thats doing the rounds. Queue screaming child and powercut...

11. stormystudio

stormystudio

I spent last night working on a video update... I've got a little bit of editing some compositing and some SFX to add then it'll be ready to release to the world...

12. stormystudio

stormystudio

Hey guys…

Check out the first short Dark Asylum Kickstarter video update…. with a surprising ending…

Also our kick starter is up to: £2451 with 44 backers now!.. still a long way to go …

Enjoy…

13. Mantra-Games

Mantra-Games

Looks good Stormy! Hey I know you from GS :)