Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Studying unity abroad

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by SpiffingSF, Aug 22, 2009.

1. SpiffingSF

SpiffingSF

Not sure if this is the right forum for this post...

I am a student entering my second year at Hampshire College, and I'm trying to plan for a semester abroad this spring. Ideally I'd like to find a program in game design/programming. Has anyone heard of or done any university programs with Unity? Or, failing that, have any suggestions for excellent programs abroad?

2. Joh

Joh

I'm currently studying precisely Game Design and Programming actually at Gotland University in Sweden (we've had a booth at GDC in Germany for a few years now). They've just bought a bundle of Unity licenses and all the freshmen are using it in their first projects. The older students are getting licenses too from the looks of it, and while we're not being taught Unity specifically but rather programming in general, there are competent people around to help when needed. Also, the goal is for the students to actively develop games throughout their time at the university and while there's no requirement to stick to a specific engine most students currently seem to plan on using either Unity or XNA (due to lack of Xbox support in Unity) for theirs.

If it sounds interesting I'd suggest sending a mail using the contact link at the top right of that page with any questions.