Search Unity

Students Taking Field Trips thru Virtual Reality

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by stampingholly, Jun 12, 2018.

1. stampingholly

stampingholly

In my World Geography classroom, we study many places around the world. The virtual reality system, Google Expeditions, would allow my students to take "field trips" to these places. Since I don't have this system, I am utilizing a non-profit crowd funding site called Donorschoose. I have set up a proposal that outline what I am wanting and how it will benefit my students. Please take a look at this proposal and consider donating any amount. Here is the link: https://www.donorschoose.org/project...lengeid=393443
    Thank you in advance!

BTW, DonorsChoose is not like the average crowdfunding sites. All the funds must be raised in 4 months or all donors get a refund. So it is an all or nothing for my students having this technology. Another thing is all donations are tax deductible. They will even send you an email at the end of the year with a link to get your tax slip. When a project is fully funded, the teacher does not receive the funds but DonorsChoose orders all materials and ships them to the teachers. Thus donors are assured the money donated is spent on actually what the proposal stated.

2. stampingholly

stampingholly

Just an update: I have several donations but still have a long way to go. Currently I have a goal to have 10 people $20 by Sunday. I would love for any of you too help this wonderful cause and help us reach this goal.

THANK YOU!!!!