Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Stuck with this window

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Ryker404, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Ryker404

Ryker404

Every time I load my project I get this window and I have reset the layout but it still won't go away.
    upload_2021-1-26_11-50-36.png
    Can someone help me?

2. Welfarecheck

Welfarecheck

Same here. Nothing custom on my end. It went away after opened a few projects though. I don't know what fixed it.

3. Ryker404

Ryker404

Alright, I tried opening projects and that did not work. but I updated Unity and the window finally did not come back indefinitely. It gave me this error though:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Failed to load window layout: UnityEditor.LayoutException: Error while reading window layout: no main window found
    2.   at UnityEditor.WindowLayout.LoadWindowLayout (System.String path, System.Boolean newProjectLayoutWasCreated, System.Boolean setLastLoadedLayoutName, System.Boolean keepMainWindow) [0x0040c] in <433cbae83977409887e43d50043210d2>:0
    3. UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadDefaultWindowPreferences ()
    EDIT: Thankfully, It still let me into the editor

4. Welfarecheck

Welfarecheck

Happened again this morning. I backed up my projects folders and uninstalled everything unity from my PC and deleted the folders in the program file folders that were left behind.

Reinstalled and the errors seem to be gone after opening 10 times. It also fixed a problem I was having with Bolt that I couldn't figure out. Quite possible one of the updates caused a bug and doing a fresh install fixes it.

Hope this helps!