Search Unity

Stuck on Unity splash screen

Discussion in 'PSM' started by will_brett, Apr 9, 2014.

1. will_brett

will_brett

Hmm. I do a build to device and it opens but gets stuck at the Unity Splash screen. Any ideas? The game works on PC Mac, android and iOS just not the vita

2. PeteD

PeteD

Little hard to reply without some more details.

3. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Try disabling some of the scripts on the first unity scene that is loaded, as i'm not sure how to see debug information on the Vita yet, you may just have to use trial and error to figure out whats wrong.
    Also, does that mean your publishing licence got approved? How long did it take for it to do so?

4. will_brett

will_brett

I applied for a licence about 6 months ago I think it took around 2-3 weeks.

The game finally loaded after around 10mins but is running around 2fps so is unusable. We are going to take a in depth look at it later today so if I come across any solutions I will post them here.

It would be incredibly useful to have some debugging tools as it will be impossible to port our game without any.

5. Mementos

Mementos

Ouh, 2-3fps? And its working on android/ios with better framerate? Which kind of a game is it? 2d/3d, fps, rpg?

6. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

haha uh-oh, looks like starting a 'test' game from scratch to build from the ground up on the vita may be a wise choice, to see what it likes and doesn't.

Edit: On another thread someone mentioned there game drops to below 10fps when certain shaders become active.
    This may help explain some of your 2fps problems.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  7. will_brett

will_brett

I think I will just wait until there is a debugging tool added before doing anything else. Its very difficult to tell what is wrong without one.

8. PeterD

PeterD

Make sure you are using either the mobile versions of shaders and also that you don't have any fixed function shaders in play. The next thing to look at is the memory usage as you have to remember that the vita is pulling from the memory card and has limited internal ram. Think of the device like a Galaxy S3 for the purposes of what you can and can't expect it to do.

9. will_brett

will_brett

The game runs fine on iphone 4s, ipad mini etc. So the vita should be able to handle it. The game is intended for mobile so only mobile shaders being used.

10. PeterD

PeterD

The vita uses a PowerVR SGX543 equivalent chip so it doesn't have the same shader support as the A5, 6 etc. etc. chips in the iPhones. Things like glstate references will cause shaders to fail as this doesn't exist in the drivers. Using gles3.0 will fail as the vita doesn't support that level of shaders etc. etc.

edit: Basically don't assume that because it worked on an android or iphone, that the shader is still running the same on the vita.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  11. DFP

DFP

Are you plugged into the publishing app while you're doing this? If you are you may see it compiling some stuff. Don't know why, but I think building another file and deploying it, maybe turning on development build may help because I've never seen that happen any other time than the first.