Search Unity

Stuck on the last step of integration "Play to complete integration"

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by spaceape, Feb 22, 2018.

1. spaceape

spaceape

I pressed play and it didn't work. No logs. Nothing.

I tried unlinking and making a new project, nothing.

I tried making a whole new unity project and linking that one up. Nothing.

I tried just building a build and having "App Start" sent, nothing!

Anyone got any smart ideas?

-T

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

spaceape likes this.
  3. spaceape

spaceape

Nice, thanks for the swift reply :)

4. udubaso

udubaso

Hello, now I am experiencing the same issue as @spaceape had. I can not integrate analytics into any project. Tried on one windows and one mac. Everything was working before.

5. nikescar

nikescar

This issue still persists in 2018.3. Press play to complete integration does nothing

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

7. udubaso

udubaso

Hello, I have the same problem, can't integrate Analytics. "Play to complete integration" is not working. Tried with different versions of unity, all of them 2018+. Tried with different project and different accounts. Really frustrating that such a basic and important feature is not working. Never had such problem with versions 2017 and 5.

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We received your support ticket, and the ProjectID that you provided is already enabled for Analytics, and has been for some time. I provided a link to your Dashboard in the ticket. I suspect you have another UPID which is not working. We occasionally have delays with the Validator. Also, one thing to try is the following:

* Explicitly disable Analytics in the Editor
    * Save the Project, and quit Unity
    * Reopen the project
    * Re-enable Analytics, and Save the project again.

Please see if this helps.

9. Rodolfo-Rubens

Rodolfo-Rubens

Same here, I hit play and nohting happens...

10. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

What are you expecting to see but not seeing? Please provide a screenshot of your Analytics Dashboard

11. Rodolfo-Rubens

Rodolfo-Rubens

Ah yes, we need to press play to validate the connection with the Analytics server but when I press play nothing happens...

12. Rodolfo-Rubens

Rodolfo-Rubens

It worked! After a couple of hours I finally get to validate the connection...

13. WhoOne

WhoOne

What did you do to solve it?

14. WhoOne

WhoOne

This is not working in 2019.1.8, do you have any other solution?
    Thanks!

15. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The Validator is currently delayed, we are working to resolve. No data is lost, only delayed.

16. Starbox

Starbox

As of now, how long is that "delay"? I have pressed play too, nothing happens, I'm still required to press Play.

Here it's written it can last up to TWO HOURS. Really?? Just to see if we can use the equivalent of a plugin linked to a server?

17. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Not seeing events in the validator of the Unity editor is a UI-level problem. The key is whether you can see events in the validator of the Event Manager page. If you can, it means that you have successfully integrated Analytics.

Could you confirm whether you can see events in the validator of the Event Manager page?

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      346.9 KB
      Views:
  18. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Typically it takes our system 8-16 hours to process new events and make the data metrics available on the Dashboard. But as Sam mentioned, you would want to visit the Dashboard first, then the Editor should also start to display the data.

19. unity_RyTc2P5U-Kwm4Q

unity_RyTc2P5U-Kwm4Q

Same problem still happening in Unity 2020.1. I'm stuck at "Play to complete integration".
    I have to enable analytics for several little projects, which are all stuck at this step. Some projects' Event Manager tell me to enable Analytics upload_2020-10-2_12-31-47.png
    Others have them in a weird state (no validator, Editor still tells me too "Play to complete integration")
    upload_2020-10-2_12-33-18.png

Any way to enable this?

20. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The validator was removed about a year ago, there is no direct feedback in the Editor any longer, an issue we are aware of. The following technique may allow it to operate properly:

* Make a backup of your project
    * Open the project in Unity
    * Disable Analytics, and Save the project, then exit Unity
    * Open the project again
    * Enable Analytics, and Save the project
    * Try this URL https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/events/[Unity ProjectID goes here, no brackets]

Apologies on the inconvenience, and I hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  21. Doomlaser

Doomlaser

Yeah, I'm also using 2020.1 and getting no analytics data. It stays stuck on Play to complete Integration, and on the Dashboard it lists 0 players even though I have it being tested by many people on multiple platforms (WebGL, PC)

22. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

This has been addressed in Unity 2020.1.15f1, please try with this version. If you upgrade an existing project, you will need to create a new project link in the Services window settings.

23. SquaLLio

SquaLLio

On Unity version 2020.2.1f1, unable to complete integration. Receiving custom events, but stuck on this step in the editor.

24. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

That is expected, there is no indication in the Editor. As long as your Dashboard is showing events, you are good to go.

25. SquaLLio

SquaLLio

Thanks for the reply. So it will always say "Press play to complete integration" and show the image of the play button highlighted? That never changes to show that integration is complete?

26. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

That is correct. You have already followed those instructions.

27. Jaynesh

Jaynesh

Almost 3 years and issue still has not been fixed.

28. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Agreed, long time! I've been pushing for a fix the whole time too. The good news, we are having a major redesign available in a few months, I've seen some of the sample screenshots. Amazing! Stay tuned.

29. hovgaardgames

hovgaardgames

@JeffDUnity3D Is it correctly understood that it's currently impossible to get access to Unity Analytics on Unity 2020.2? I'm having the same issue as above.

30. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Is your dashboard available? If so, then Analytics is properly integrated. There won't be any indication in the Editor, but that's just a UI issue that should be addressed soon.

31. hovgaardgames

hovgaardgames

Ah yes it did yesterday, but didn't show any numbers. I noticed in a Youtube video that there's a ~8 hours delay, so that might explain it. Today everything looks good.

Thanks! :)

32. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, it takes our system 8-16 to process new events. Sometimes twice that long if we are experiencing heavy traffic.

33. CBickey

CBickey

Hey Jeff,

Is there a way to know if it is working before the 8-16 hour process?
    i'm on Unity 2020.1.14f1, having issues with "Play to complete integration" as well. I opened up my dashboard, and the project is there, but my custom events are not showing up immediately (as i would expect)

I saw a video online, where the integration part worked, and they were able to use the validator in order to see their events working immediately. Just wondering if i could see this validator without the integration working?

34. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

No, it takes 8-16 hours (sometimes twice that long) to process new events. If you have a Pro license, you'll have access to Raw Data Export which is available immediately https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityAnalyticsRawDataExport.html We are working on a major dashboard redesign which will provide the data within about 2 hours, and should be ready in a few months.

35. danUnity

danUnity

I'm using 2020.3.6f1 and I'm still having the UI issue where it always says "Play to complete integration". Also I had to manually install the package "Analytics Library" after setting the Analytics to ON. I was expecting that package to be installed automatically!

Cheers,

acidock likes this.
  36. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

As mentioned, the message is expected and you can ignore it. Simply proceed to your dashboard.