Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Stuck on 'Taking Capture' when I try to capture Android Player in Editor (Unity 2019.4.16f1)

Discussion in 'Profiler Previews' started by ColonelKurt, Sep 8, 2021.

1. ColonelKurt

ColonelKurt

Unity 2019.4.16f1, when I try to capture Android Player in Editor it's just stuck on 'Taking Capture'. Tried versions 0.4.0-preview.2 and 0.2.10-preview.1.

I also have this issue with unknown textures piling up in Profiler (standard one), every time I click Play number of textures increases by 1 in Profiler, so it basically stays in Editor even after I click Stop and grows after each run. Only restarting Editor reduces number of textures in Profiler to initial one. I used Resources.UnloadAllAssets, destroyed loaded textures and disposed www everywhere where it's possible, but it doesn't fix unknown textures piling up in Editor. I just wonder if anyone had this issue, maybe it's not even related to the project and more of Unity issue.

2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Hi there,
    We've landed several Bugfixes for the Profiler since 2019.16f1 and the recommended minimum version for 0.4.0 of the package is 2019.29f1. Have you tried upgrading to that version or the latest one (2019.30f1)?

Also, I vaguely remember a Texture leak in the Editor that was fixed at some point but if an update doesn't fix it, then hopefully it at least fixes the capture process so you can get more details on the texture that is leaking?

3. ColonelKurt

ColonelKurt

Hi, Martin! I'll check and let you know if it helped.

MartinTilo likes this.