Search Unity

Question Stuck integrating Epic Online Services with Unity

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by scorpiopl, Mar 28, 2022.

1. scorpiopl

scorpiopl

Hi!
    I've been making consistent progress implementing EOS with Unity. I'm well on my way to establishing a Game Lobby connection. ("Session" in EOSSDK) The point of failure is figuring out how to make Netcode use that connection. Regardless if I go the Gameobject route or the Entities one Netcode has some pretty nice features I'd rather not miss out on. I could stop at an exposed IP endpoint via EOS and go Netcode + Transport but then I'm missing out on EOS NAT functionality.

If my research is correct I need a "custom transport" (confused on how does one begin to make one). I think I've gotten a handle on EOS connectivity to the point where I could handle that if I knew that that means exactly. That is the most vague concept I came across to date.

If anyone could direct me regarding what interfaces need implementing, what functions need overriding so that I can wrap my head around this I would be very grateful. I know that there is a low level API called transport that is responsible for connections but Unity automatically sends data for things like variables,animators set to sync or client side prediction and I'm lost on how to make that happen over the eos connection. I'm lost. Help, please...

daxiongmao and Molder like this.