Search Unity

Resolved Stuck in "Waiting for <game>" with Vive Pro Eye after calibration

Discussion in 'VR' started by Tech-Labs, May 25, 2021.

1. Tech-Labs

Tech-Labs

I've got issues with SteamVR displaying the floating Unity logo with my application's name and Waiting...
    Normally this screen only is visible when loading the application.
    Issue 1 - Build version using Vive Pro Eye no eye calibration
    Unity 2020.3.3, OpenXR 1.0.3, XR 4.0.5, Tobii SDK2.0.0.174 and SRanipal 1.3.3.0, Windows 10
    I'm using the
    > XRGeneralSettings.Instance.Manager.InitializeLoader();
    > XRGeneralSettings.Instance.Manager.StartSubsystems();
    to make sure everything starts.
    However, when starting the executable the SteamVR image first goes to a blueish sky with the Unity logo, then the floating windows pops up with my application's name and Waiting for... underneath it. It does not disappear and so the application never gets going in the Vive.
    When I run this same config in the Unity editor it does work!
    Issue 2 - Editor version using Vive Pro Eye with eye calibration
    Now I start (after a key press) the build-in eye tracking calibration. The Unity application starts correctly. Whe I press the C-key the Vive Pro Eye calibration utility is started (in SteamVR) and runs fine. When done I pop back into a black surrounding (that's the application's scene) but with the floating SteamVR windows telling me to wait for the application.
    The application does run in the background (interaction works and I hear the audio playing) but there is no image in the Vive.

I've never had any issues with the Vive Pro Eye and the eye tracking or SteamVR before using the new XR plugin with the OpenXR package.

2. the_real_apoxol

the_real_apoxol

Unity Technologies

First thing I can suggest is using OpenXR 1.2.2 as we fixed a but with SteamVR and rendering, you will need to click "See Other versions" of openxr in the package manager as we just released this yesterday and it is not the verified version for a few more weeks.

After that aside from sending us a project with instructions on what to test I dont know that I can help any further. I would need to check to see if anyone has a Vive Pro Eye they can test with as well.

If you could try 1.2.2 first to see if that helps, then we can go from there..

Thanks

Tech-Labs likes this.
  3. Tech-Labs

Tech-Labs

@the_real_apoxol Thanks! I've just tested using the upgraded 1.2.2 version of the OpenXR plugin and it looks good. I've done several tests and it looks like the HMD is picking up the rendering each time. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks again!

Marco