Search Unity

Stuck in a money loop, and how do I learn to draw?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Denisowator, Sep 30, 2015.

1. antislash

antislash

no, i think you are completely wrong on that one... MS paint...tss..cm'on compare apples with apples.
    a bad artist will be bad with every tool.... if you talk about cool effects etc... a good artis will use them properly, a bad one will only use them...
    and.... you'd be surprised of what you can do with MS.
    https://www.google.fr/search?q=MS+p...oTCLP0r5r1psgCFQO3FAodQnkFPw&biw=1822&bih=860

zombiegorilla likes this.
  2. antislash

antislash

it has the Nvidia plugin yes....but results are .... mean

3. darkhog

darkhog

I know what can be done with MS Paint. Problem is this takes days upon days (and if not, certainly hours upon hours). Good tool makes things faster. Again, Unity vs. assembly/raw openGL/DX.

4. antislash

antislash

darkhog, i'm not arguing with you mate, but drawing comes from you very intime brain... if you don't know where to put a line, a point, a shadow, a light, how to use color shades, you can have the better and faster software, you will just go nowhere.
    you can have cool brushes, cool particle effects etc etc etc but if you don't have a idea of how tu use them, you will end with crap... (see the speedpaintin vids, those artists are able to do exceptionnal artwork with only 2 or 3 brushes)

5. derkoi

derkoi

Probably one of the best posts I've read on here.

6. Prototypetheta

Prototypetheta

Ah. Guess I can just keep using GIMP for that side of things.

7. Eric-Darkomen

Eric-Darkomen

Since CC 2014

8. darkhog

darkhog

Krita can do normalmaps and textures too. Didn't go into details, but I know it is possible. Krita's a very versatile tool.