Search Unity

Struggling with lightmap and normal maps... [URP - Android]

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Shimrod_, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Shimrod_

Shimrod_

Hi,

I'm looking for some help or explanations. I attach 2 screenshots, before and after baking my lightmaps.
    As you can see, after baking my lightmaps, the ground looks very flat and the whole scene is over-lit.

Baking_1.jpg
    Baking_2.jpg

Nothing really fancy in my settings (I guess), the lights are spots, set on Baked mode with soft shadows (default settings) and my materials are URP Lit, with only albedo and normal maps.
    No directional, as the whole scene is included in a large sphere to avoid light leaks from outside the cave.

Unity 2020.3.6f1 LTS, URP, Android (the app is planned for Oculus Quest 2).

I tried a ton of modes, quality settings, etc. but I'm really stuck at simply baking theses lights and keeping the influence of normal maps...

Thanks !

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

This is a known limitation of our current directional lightmap implementation. If want to have the normals definition like the one you see prior to baking, you'd have to use mixed lights.

Shimrod_ likes this.
  3. Shimrod_

Shimrod_

Thanks for your answer. :)
    That's a really huge limitation though...
    I ended up buying Bakery. I had to use the maximum quality settings and it's not really optimized (I have a short deadline), but I managed to have a quite good result and it's still responsive in a Quest 2.

PutridEx likes this.
  4. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Would you mind posting a screenshot of how your scene looks like now? It would be interesting to see.