Search Unity

Struggling to Sign In to Xbox Live (UWP)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by BoxFrogGames, Oct 26, 2018.

1. BoxFrogGames

BoxFrogGames

I’m having difficulties signing in to xbox live on my UWP app (in Windows 10). The error code I receive upon attempting to sign in within my game is “0x87DD0005”. (This error appears in the XboxLive popup window)

Reading Microsoft’s documentation it seems as if Xbox Live doesn’t recognise the app within the Sandbox. However:
    • I am in the correct Sandbox.
    • I have associated my app with the store (and all the details look correct).
    • I’m not on the temporary certificate.
    • I’m in the ID@Xbox programme (This app will be going on Xbox too) and LiveCreators is set to false in the xboxservices.config file
    I’m not really sure where to go next with this - does anyone have any advice or experienced any “gotchas” with regards to this error?

There is a thread that unfortunately doesn’t look like it really came to a specific conclusion/solution that seems to be detailing the same/very similar issue. https://forum.unity.com/threads/how-to-properly-add-application-id-to-a-unity-uwp-project.501658/ (Didn't want to necro a 1 year old post)

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can offer.
    -Craig

2. matt33315

matt33315

Hi Craig,

One thing to test, can you try opening the xbox app on your PC and try logging in with the developer account for your dev sandbox (which I guess your PC would currently be set to)

If the user account can log into the xbox app you know for sure that the sandbox is working correctly on your machine.

This has caught me out before.

Thanks
    Matt

3. BoxFrogGames

BoxFrogGames

Hi Matt,

When I use a test account that is for the Sandbox I'm working in, I can log in to the Xbox app just fine.

It seems that my app doesn't get recognised as being valid for that Sandbox somehow?

-Craig

4. matt33315

matt33315

Hi Craig,

It sounds like you test account is fine then, along with the sandbox

In my game (ID@Xbox title on windows 10) I don't have anything in config file relating to Live Creators.

If you take that part out does it then allow you to log in?

Could you also share what the LiveCreators setting is please? I am having trouble getting my game to sign on the xbox at the moment, even though the same code / game works fine on PC

5. BoxFrogGames

BoxFrogGames

It's just a line in the xboxservices.config JSON file
    Code (CSharp):
    1. "XboxLiveCreatorsTitle": false
    Removing this line didn't make it work.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  6. matt33315

matt33315

I do recall having an issue when I first added the config file into the project. I got confused with the name vs the file extension. Here is a screenshot of my visual studio project (all game related names have been blanked out) so you can the properties of the config file XboxConfig.png

7. BoxFrogGames

BoxFrogGames

Hi Matt,

I've got the same settings by the looks of it. I've ended up emailing ID@Xbox to see if they can help - I'm starting to wonder if the problem is on their end somehow?