Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Struggling to post Webgl build on Unity Connect

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by DGT93, Aug 28, 2019.

1. DGT93

DGT93

Hi

I'm trying to post my first game on Unity Connect but when I try and upload my zipped Web GL file I get this pop up error and the upload fails:

"
    open /tmp/ed03a209-b440-441a-bfbb-b6d5d5c8698a/Build: no such file or directory
    "

I've tried disabling extensions, changing browser (Chrome and Edge) and changing zip software but don't know how to debug this further. Any suggestions?

2. Blitz85

Blitz85

Unity Technologies

There two ways of uploading your project on connecting
    1. From the editor (preferred)- Go to Windows ->package manager -> search and install "Share WebGL Game" and then Go to Windows-> Click "Share Webgl Game " and follow the guidelines
    2. Through Connect Post Project - Check whether your zipped build file has build folder, TemplateData folder and index.hml file before uploading.
    If it still doesn't work I'd suggest you send your zip file to us and we will investigate more
    Email ID - connect_support@unity3d.com

3. Crazy_Heg

Crazy_Heg

Turn the build folder into a zip, then drag it into the ''Upload your WebGL file'' section.Compress the build file,not the whole project.

4. jimbster

jimbster

Is this available only to upgraded versions of unity? My free version does not seem to allow downloading this package through the manager..

5. jimbster

jimbster

Ok, figured it out on my own, all I had to do was to show preview packages from advanced options in the package manager - if anyone has the same problem. ;)

6. hcuiad

hcuiad

I had the same problem before, and using Share Webgl Game plug-in successfully solved it, just for reference for those who have the same problem and many thanks as well.

7. KillDashNine

KillDashNine

this :)

MiladZarour likes this.
  8. ExoticYT_

ExoticYT_

dont know what this means please say it again in a beginner way, thanks

9. ExoticYT_

ExoticYT_

says max .zip file is 100 mb but its not 100 gb, please help.

Thanks

10. Alokishu2008

Alokishu2008

if i am going from unity connect and posting project but then if i am uploading file then it stops at the middle only

Attached Files:

11. Alokishu2008

Alokishu2008

i dont even have a package manager on the windows

12. blazingpotato1

blazingpotato1

update webGL in package manager

13. numl0ck

numl0ck

Short solution: your "Build" directory should contain at least 5 files if you're working with the micro samples during the Tutorials. Mine has 3 .unityweb, 1 .json and a UnityLoader.js file. I zipped the Build folder itself into "Build.zip". Drag this onto the "Upload your WebGL file" and give it some time to upload and be processed by the Unity server.

14. MiladZarour

MiladZarour

Hi
    I couldn't added this one
    Could you please help me and show me with a pictures how ?

Thx in advance

15. Rowland_Goddy-Worlu

Rowland_Goddy-Worlu

Also, for first-timers trying to upload their files on unity learn, do not name your zip file "build". This would be a problem since the system requires a JSON file to be inside another folder called "build". Since the folder is already named "build", the system assumes that to be the wanted build folder and searches for the JSON file, which it doesn't find hence the error - ".JSON not found"

Attached Files:

janesxd8877 likes this.