Search Unity

Struggling and wondered about an easy template in Unity Hub

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by tre4bax, Apr 24, 2019.

1. tre4bax

tre4bax

I am still attempting to get some ECS code to actually input into Visual Studio. I am pretty sure I have usings for all the right things and yet still some bits can't be found. I've struggled to find a definitive you must have these packages loaded advice etc.

I did wonder if you could add something in Unity hub that allows creation of a blank project already setup with all it needs. i.e. use Hub for more than just version control, use it to create basic skeleton solutions. It would be great to just add a new DOTS project to version xxxx and be able to just follow examples..

For now I am using 2019.1 Exactly what packages should be loaded to utilise DOTS in hybrid mode.

2. GilCat

GilCat

You should load the Entities package and it will load all it's dependencies.
    You will also require Hybrid Renderer package for rendering under DOTS.

3. tre4bax

tre4bax

Ta GilCat,

I have both of those already, along with Mathematics and Burst. I checked through the package list for Entities and made sure all the dependencies were there. Still can't get things to work though. Things like Position are not recognised in an iJobForAll<Position.... statement though it finds the iJob stuff fine (jobs is loaded too).

4. GilCat

GilCat

5. tre4bax

tre4bax

Excellent, that really helps. I'd figured out that the iJobProcessComponentData had become the iJobForEach through thinking through the options available in intellisense. I just could not figure out the rest. Many thanks for the pointer.

GilCat likes this.