Search Unity

Question Stretching visual studio "helper box"

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by flasker, Mar 16, 2023.

1. flasker

flasker

In visual studio when I start typing the values of a method a small helper box appears below the code and highlights in bold the name of the current parameter I am entering.

Now my problem is that I have a method that takes a ton of parameters, so much that they cannot fit in the helper box, and when I am entering the last parameters I have no clue which one I am entering since there are so many, and the bolded highlights really fix this issue.

Here is an image to illustrate the issue:
    Untitled.png
    How can I make the box stretch past this limit?

PS: I know that many answers to this would be that creating methods that take a lot of parameters does not follow the best practices and the first advice you would give would be "just dont make long methods with so many parameters", but in this question all I want to know is if there is a way to increase the limit of this box, its fine if there isn't. Thanks!

2. RadRedPanda

RadRedPanda

Can you instead just use a struct to pass as a parameter?

3. flasker

flasker

yes I can but I have the same issue when creating the struct.

of course I can build the struct line by line instead of calling for new struct(1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1)

its not a huge issue, I was just wondering if visual studio had some hidden option to unlock this box size

4. RadRedPanda

RadRedPanda

Hmm, well that's the best advice I have. You'll probably have better success on the Microsoft forums since they actually develop Visual Studio.

flasker likes this.