Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We have updated the language to the Editor Terms based on feedback from our employees and community. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Stretched Billboard particles Camera Scale not having any impact

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Trekopep, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Trekopep

Trekopep

I recently upgraded a project from Unity 2018 to 2019.4.7f1, and switched from the standard renderer to the Universal Render Pipeline. (I'm assuming URP isn't the issue here, but just in case) I had created particles that simulate speed lines by having some line particles that spawn in world space in front of a moving player, and by having Camera Scale set to 0.1 so that the camera zooms by the particles and they extend to give a feeling of speed.

This used to work fine, but after upgrading I realized it isn't working anymore, and no particles are showing up at all. I found a couple threads mentioning that Stretched Billboard only worked if the particles themselves were moving. That didn't use to be the case, but I tried giving them a small initial velocity, and this did cause them to show up. However, no matter what values I use for Camera Scale or any of the other options, I can't seem to get the camera movement to have any impact on the particle scale. Am I missing something?