Search Unity

Streaming (HLS, RTSP) video player and UWP

Discussion in 'Windows' started by vnikopol, Jul 16, 2018.

1. vnikopol

vnikopol

Hello,

I want to play streaming video (HLS or RTSP) in my Hololens application. How can I do it? Are there video player plugin for UWP?

Thanks.

2. Bshsf_9527

Bshsf_9527

Have you reached you goal?
    i am now face what you have faced before.

3. crumpms

crumpms

The answer is "it should". At least it's looking like it will. Currently I've got 2 Rapsberry Pi Zero W's with Pi cameras simultaneously streaming live video into Unity 2020.3.8f1, so presumably it should go into the HoloLens2 that I have. [NOTE: it's currently in Unity, I'll post back when I get it in the HoloLens2.]
    I struggled with this for quite a while and basically was giving up when I came across a recent tutorial A Raspberry Pi Streaming Camera using MPEG-DASH, HLS or RTSP by Chris Griffith that was posted in August 2020. Then I found NexPlayer Video Plugin for Unity - Bring Video Streaming Into Unity Apps (Android & iOS). This is a plugin that you must purchase. The UMP (for Windows) is only $45. Yes, it's $45, but after struggling for almost 2 weeks searching the 'Net I gladly paid a small price to get live, streaming video into Unity. I'm using Chris's tutorial for RTSP, not DASH or HLS. Yes, it works.

Here's a screen capture of the dual streams into Unity:
    upload_2021-5-13_17-47-26.png

I'm kind of busy for the next few days, but will try to finish this out and get it into the HoloLens2 soon. I'll post back when I do.

4. Finn_Alberts

Finn_Alberts

Did you try this plugin using RTSP? I'm trying to get a video into Unity from RTSP

5. briotto-sfl

briotto-sfl

Hi, I was wondering if any of you guys were ever able to get RTSP working on the HoloLens 2. Thanks!

6. RandomHerbivore

RandomHerbivore

Hi UMP pro is now taken off the store. ANy other ways I can get RTSP from my network live into Unity?