Search Unity

Strange upgrade bug, not sure if it warrants reporting

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by MrDude, Aug 24, 2014.

1. MrDude

MrDude

Hey

So I was using beta 16 to create my project with and created a lot of elements in a couple of scenes. Then I installed beta 17 and suddenly all my ugui transform handles were offset in the y axis. I meant EVERYTHING's handles were above where they were supposed to be. The relative size of the handles to the size of the object was perfect... just all 4 handles were in the wrong place... most of my button's lower handles were almost touching the top edge of my element.

To select the handle I had to click on where they were, not where they were supposed to be, but when I wanted to resize the elements I had to resize it from the actual edge, not from between the handles... It felt very weird...

I tried creating new elements in the scene, same problem. I created a new scene, added a new object (which created a new canvas for me) and again, both the canvas and the button's transform handles were in the wrong place.

I selected all files in the project, exported it as a package and then reimported into a new project. This fixed everything and all worked as expected. Not sure if this is just something that happens between 16 and 17 or wether this is gonna happen with all versions or wether this was a once off fluke... but now someone else knows about it.

Peace out.