Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct here to familiarize yourself with the rules and how to post constructively.

2. Unity 2022.1 is now available as the latest Tech release.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your project's performance with our new guide on profiling in Unity.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange UI Automatic Navigation behaviour, potentially bug. Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by kbm, Mar 3, 2021.

1. kbm

kbm

So, we're using the Unity UI 'automatic' navigation for all menus because we populate the menus by code. I can't manually link stuff because it's not even there yet in editor mode.

Usually this has worked so far, but when i manually deactivate gameobjects containing selectables (hierarchies of them to be precise) to switch menu branches on/off, the system sometimes gets bugged out.

This seems to be a unity bug but i can't find anything by googling the issue apart from one 5 year old thread with 0 replies https://forum.unity.com/threads/forcing-refresh-of-auto-navigation.325093/

This is what it looks like before I toggle the gameobject hierarchy off/on:

This is what it looks like after:

The system for some reason thinks there is "something" between the credits and exit game button after the toggle. It wants to flow/navigate there and I cant get rid of this "ghost" object. But I also can't navigate there at all, it just doesn't do anything when I try to navigate to it.

Can anyone help?

unityunity