Search Unity

Strange performance issue on Nexus 6

Discussion in 'Android' started by rextr09, Apr 2, 2015.

1. rextr09

rextr09

Hi,

I have noticed a huge stuttering that happens only on Nexus 6 devices. (using Unity 4.6.4p1) . After investigating it a bit, I noticed a strange behaviour: The fps drop (stuttering) stops when I touch the screen and keep touching it. However, if I give up touching the screen it starts to stutter again after around 3 seconds.

When I look at the profiler, I see that WaitForTargetFPS increases while there is no touch to the screen and it decreases after touching to screen.

Does anyone compare their game performance on Nexus 6? I have also noticed that Camera.Render takes a lot more time in Nexus 6 when compared to other devices.

Finally, it's worth noting that my Nexus 6 has Android 5.1 installed. So, it may also be the reason.

2. rextr09

rextr09

I was able to reproduce it on a simple project and submitted a bug report (Case 686379) .

3. rextr09

rextr09

It has been 4 months. The case is still open (tried on Unity 4.6.8) and no one is responding?

4. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I aint seen anything in changelogs in 4x builds for some time on Android performance.
    Seems to be pot luck, things will be okay on some devices and some not.
    I guess they cant try and fix one device, would really like to know more how the Android team works these days.