Search Unity

Strange Mecanim bug

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Soumikbhat, May 25, 2014.

1. Soumikbhat

Soumikbhat

I am having a very strange problem in mecanim. I have a few mixamo animations of staying idle and running etc. holding gun. Now whenever I import the fbx animations with Rig as Generic, I have the animation clip playing as it should be. Now whenever I set the Rig to Humanoid, the animation clip strangely, plays at an angle of 45 deg. to the original. Here are two screenshots attached one is with Rig as Legacy and the other as humanoid. Have a look at the preview of the animation clips..The model strangely rotates by 45 degrees in case of Rig set to Humanoid..

$WithLegacyRig.jpg

Preview of Humanoid Rig given in next post..IDK why the following attachment in this post is not opening :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  2. Soumikbhat

Soumikbhat

3. begem0t

begem0t

What you see in animation clip preview is not always what you'll see in-game.

Have you checked:
    - correct T-pose
    - limit the animation clip to a meaningful motion or loop (exclude any unnecessary frames before or after)
    - check Root Transform Rotation (in clip options). Depending on the source Bake option may be necessary. Also you usually want it set to Body Orientation.

From your images I have a feeling that Inspector options are unavailable. Can you provide more info?

Soumikbhat likes this.
  4. TonyLi

TonyLi

I use Mixamo animations, too. Like begem0t writes, under Root Transform Rotation, tick Bake into Pose and set Based Upon to Original. Then set Offset to -45.

Soumikbhat likes this.