Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange Issue With Grid / Image Component

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by Remer, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Remer

Remer

Hello,
    After project migration (from 2018.3.12 to 2019.1.f1) my script stopped working.
    The script simply instantiates a prefab that contains an Image component, into a Grid Component, and assign a sprite to every Image.
    Even if the sprite is assigned to the Image at runtime, it is displayed in a strange way.

Screenshot 2019-04-11 11.03.59.png

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  2. ChaosMage

ChaosMage

There is something wrong with UGUI in 19.1f1. In my case I see UI elements imported from 18.3 in scene window in reverse order. This is in editor only. The game looks good.

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit bug reports with minimal reproduction projects for these issues and reply in here with the issue IDs?

4. phil-Unity

phil-Unity

Unity UI Lead Developer

Could both of you (@Remer @Derkon) submit a bug report? I believe they will be different issues.

karl_jones likes this.
  5. ChaosMage

ChaosMage

Looks like it is a LWRP 5.10 bug. Downgrading it to 5.7.2 fixed the issue.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  6. Remer

Remer

I tried to reproduce the issue but the test project works perfectly. Perhaps it is a problem due to the migration between 2018.3 and 2019. In fact I tried to open it with 2018.3 and it works perfectly, while with 2019.1.b10 and f1 it doesn't work.

7. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

It would be great if you could send us the 2018.3 version of the project. If it's a large project, I can provide you with a link to an alternative file hosting system.

8. Remer

Remer

I can send it, but it is a project related to a paid app on the Google Play Store, so I will send you a pm.

The issue is inside the scene 03_SelectGame, and it seems related to the UpdateUI function in the SelectModeMenu.cs script. Maybe the issue depends on this line of code
    Code (CSharp):
    1. shopButton.thumbnail.sprite = backgroundData.properties.thumbnail;
    (where i assign a sprite obtained from a scriptable object)

LeonhardP likes this.
  9. phil-Unity

phil-Unity

Unity UI Lead Developer

@Remer So without a official bug with way more description i can't 100% verify that its been fixed but what i'm seeing after a fix I did a few days ago seems like its fine now. The fix will be backported

10. phil-Unity

phil-Unity

Unity UI Lead Developer

@Derkon Are you able to submit a bug?

11. Remer

Remer

This fix will be in the next rc or maybe it's a simple package update? In any case, I will see if everything works and I will answer here to let you know.