Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange issue When Building Project to Emulated Android Device

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by callmelovell, Jan 5, 2023.

1. callmelovell

callmelovell

I'm running into a strange issue when attempting to build my project to an emulated android device in Android Studio. When playing my game in the Unity editor, everything loads correctly, buttons work as intended, and moving to different scenes function as intended as well. Though when I build the game to the emulated device it simply shows my first scene with no animations. Clicking where I know my buttons are do however give me feedback though this feedback isn't being shown. For example, I have a button to mute music, if I press where I know that button is the music does in fact get muted though any animations I have tied to that button are not being displayed.

Also, pressing the play button in the editor normally loads the next scene and changes the music of the game. Though when doing this on the emulated device I can hear the music change, though the next scene doesn't get loaded (At least there is no visual evidence of it being loaded). I've tried to verify the correct API was being used, as well as many other suggestions from this site and other forums to no avail. If anyone has ran into this issue please let me know what they did to fix it. Any help will be very appreciated! Thanks.

Edit #1: So I tested the game on the same emulator with a different API. For some reason the game works on intended on a Nexus 5 with API 33. Though shows the behavior above when on a Nexus 5 with API of 30. Any thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  2. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

It clearly doesn't work on lower end phones.

callmelovell likes this.
  3. AngryProgrammer

AngryProgrammer

Unity has a built-in simulator for devices such as mobiles and tablets (Game view). Before you throw something into the emulator, you can check everything in Unity on different devices and immediately correct them at this level.

callmelovell likes this.