Search Unity

Strange Issue in left eye when the controller is active and the framerate low (Jumping)

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by overfile, Oct 5, 2016.

1. overfile

overfile

Hi.

I tried with GVR 1.0 and Unity Daydream Preview but the framerate is not correct.

I was optimized my scene and now i have 60fps but jummping to 40fps-45fps.

I tested in a Nexus 6p, and i have a issues... for example i have a issue with Daydream Controller because when in my Nexus 6p is correct sync by bluetooth with other device, the game only works in 45fps (jumping to less) and in the left eye generate flickers and a retard refresh image, the right eye works more good bu, i think is strange... If i deactivate the bluetooth, the game works in 60fps but jumping as the older SDK version.

I think the controller is not optimized or in my project the controller is broken... Can i help me please?

Thanks.

2. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

Flickering in left eye -- we've tracked down this issue with google and a fix will be available in the next release.

If one of the eyes is flickering, fps is going to be low because the surface is not presenting at the right interval. So perhaps the low fps issue is related to the flickering and not the controller.

Regarding lower performance with the controller in general, we heard reports of this earlier in development but not lately (and definitely not on the new hardware). If you can pinpoint it to the controller I'll ask google to chime in.