Search Unity

Strange Geometry Rendering Issue in PC Build, Many Colors

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by NathanRR, Jan 13, 2020.

1. NathanRR

NathanRR

Hello Everyone,

I've been trying to combat this issue for a few weeks and I'm really at a loss. Let me start with some background info:

1. Very large map, filled with geometry, the size of a small city.
    2. Project was in Unity 2017.3.1 a year ago and it played in the Editor and build (Windows 2D) just fine.
    3. About a year ago I updated the project to Unity 2018.3.10; Everything in the Unity editor rendered and played fine.
    4. Four months ago I updated the project to Unity 2019.1.2; I never needed to make a 2D Windows build until now (for the client)
    5. When I play the build executable, I get the strangest of rendering errors I have ever seen, the buildings are colored and it looks like the skybox (cubemap) is messed up:
    1.PNG

2.PNG

Steps tried to resolve:

At first I thought this was a unity 2019 issue, so I upgraded to a later version. Didn't work. Then I went back to my 2018 version and tried building, same issue. That's when I realized that when I upgraded a year ago, that's when this problem was probably created but I never needed to make a windows 2D build and everything works perfectly in the editor so I didn't catch it until now.

so then I:

1. Reset Graphics settings
    2. Investigated if shaders were causing the problem (Not that I can tell)
    3. Switched from Gamma to Linear color space
    4. Re-confirmed that autographics was checked, it selected sRGB (compared this to the 2017 version of the project I have still)
    5. Camera: I have tried many combinations of:
    -- Uncheck Allow MSAA
    -- Rendering Path = Auto, Deferred, and Forward
    6. Check lighting settings (nothing out of the ordinary)
    7. Tried 3 different computers (thinking a graphics card or software issue), same issue happened on all 3.

Still haven't found a fix. I spent a few hours researching many different ways for this issue and found nothing. Has anyone seen this before??

The project works totally fine in the Unity editor on any version when I click play; It's only when I build to an .exe that I get this issue...

Thank you

2. NathanRR

NathanRR