Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange Error Don't know how to fix it

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MikielSG, Aug 12, 2019.

1. MikielSG

MikielSG

I am unable to add any scripts (previously working) to objects in my project.

No, The names are not missed matched, so please do not try to suggest this is the issue.
    Iv even tried completely clean projects, with blank classes (create c# and leaving class/file name defaulted).

Nothing works. Trying to reinstall now.
    Any suggestions would be great.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Are there any console errors? All compile errors have to be resolved first. What Unity version are you using?

3. MikielSG

MikielSG

Yes, Blank Errors. upload_2019-8-12_10-59-0.png

Though i think this has something to do with API cap level, as i had this before i did fresh install (of os) and it was fixed by shifting it off 4.0 (I just reset that as we speak).

Im using the most recent version

There is no errors. The scripts i imported worked perfectly on my laptop, but not on pc.
    Even blank, fresh C# Scripts do not work.

its refusing to let me add stuff to objects in game. Class and file names match. No compiler errors.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  4. MikielSG

MikielSG

Update, I created a new project in 3d with extra's and i was able to assign scripts. after deleting the example assets and objects in the scene my ability to add scripts went away, and added an unknown error (blank)

it should be noted that normal 2d/3d projects created did produce the errors when trying to apply scripts.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  5. MikielSG

MikielSG

I did some digging in editor developer mode and i got this

Script 'Packages/com.unity.package-manager-ui/Editor/Sources/Services/Common/ThreadedDelay.cs' will not be compiled because it exists outside the Assets folder and does not to belong to any assembly definition file.
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, LogOption, String, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
    UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilation:CompileScripts(EditorScriptCompilationOptions, BuildTargetGroup, BuildTarget) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\Scripting\ScriptCompilation\EditorCompilation.cs:1286)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.<CompileScripts>c__AnonStorey3:<>m__0() (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\Scripting\ScriptCompilation\EditorCompilationInterface.cs:310)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilationInterface:EmitExceptionAsError(Func`1, CompileStatus) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\Scripting\ScriptCompilation\EditorCompilationInterface.cs:97)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilationInterface:CompileScripts(EditorScriptCompilationOptions, BuildTargetGroup, BuildTarget) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\Scripting\ScriptCompilation\EditorCompilationInterface.cs:310)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/ScriptCompilation/EditorCompilation.cs Line: 1286)