Search Unity

Strange behaviour with unity website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted User, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

When I login to the unity website, I search for the replies to the difficulties I posted earlier. I notice that before i post something, not only does it ask me to click on the matrix of squares, it also ask me to login again. This has happened many times already. So I'm wondering : why such behaviour? Is there a fault with the website or is this a built-in bug? Is anyone else having this problem? Why do i need to login 2x always? Isn't ONE verification that I'm human good enough?

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Is your browser saves cookies? Try different browser and observe behavior.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

I think he's talking about Google's captcha software. Its (probably) in place to prevent spammers as is the reason for its existence...

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Is it Google's captcha software or is it the website?

5. Antypodish

Antypodish

I suspect it is feature implemented by Unity forum, to combat spam bots.
    Is not ideal as you experiencing, but is lesser evil.

In contrast, I have never seen that captcha on Unity forum. But I am much older forum user as well.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's more an inconvenience rather than a problem. So if no one knows how to improve then leave it alone.

7. Ryiah

Ryiah

Spamming was a major problem before we added the anti-spam extensions. We literally had days where there was so much spam that you had to go a couple of pages back just to see the legitimate posts and it was happening across multiple forum sections. Once you've made more posts the captcha will most likely go away.

MadeFromPolygons and Antypodish like this.