Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity UI Strange behaviour with mobile camera texture and UI text.

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by drpfthick, Jul 19, 2017.

1. drpfthick

drpfthick

Hello everyone :)

I am creating a mobile app using the Vuforia plugin. In my scene, I have a live back-facing camera feed (as part of a Vuforia prefab) and a UI layer on top, which contains a few numerical input fields. When I load the scene, everything runs smoothly, but when I start entering numbers into the input field, the camera-feed updates more slowly (and even slower with additional inputs into the fields). The frame rate of the scene itself is not affected, and I have tested this by placing rotating 3D objects in the scene, and verifying the high framerate in the profiler.
    There are some observation I made that make this problem more confusing for me:
    • Normal UI text that is not part of an input field does not affect the camera-feed refresh rate.
    • Camera-feed refresh rate drops only when I am "Done" entering a text value (e.g. by clicking Done on an Android keyboard)
    • Minimising the app on Android and re-opening fixes the slow camera refresh rate up until the point where I add or change an input field value.
    I still have a few ideas on what I can try, but any advice would be greatly appreciated :D!

Best wishes,
    Nat :cool:

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

drpfthick likes this.
  3. drpfthick

drpfthick

Thank you for the support! :D:D:D

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  4. winterkewl

winterkewl

@Vuforia-Strasza any update on this? It's still a massive issue on Android causing impossible framerate issues.

5. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

@winterkewl It has been fixed on Android 7+, but we have not heard anything additional from Unity about fixes for earlier versions of Android.

6. chadidi97

chadidi97

I have the same problem