Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange Behavior When Scaling Tilemap Renderers

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by 1SDAN, Oct 15, 2016.

1. 1SDAN

1SDAN

I found a bug where a tilemap's sprites disappear or partially disappear when you set its local scale past specific thresholds.Both tilemaps or tilemaps layer exhibit this issue, and it seems that the thresholds are different depending on what the game's current window size is. Weirdly enough, tilemaps and layers each have different thresholds, despite the latter being a child of the former. It also is heavily based on the current zoom level of the screen, as the issue will not be apparent if the screen is sufficiently far away, but it will if it's really close up. The reason I say screen is because this problem also occurs in the scene view, and can be played with in real time in it. I believe it has something to do with how the tilemap handles objects it believes to be offscreen.

EDIT: Image Examples: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8GPmOdcLf_fNDFJUE5qZFlucHc?usp=sharing

2. Johaness_Reuben

Johaness_Reuben

Probably has something to do with the way the tilemap is culled. Looking into it.