Search Unity

storyBook Creator [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by radio3d, Nov 10, 2013.

1. radio3d

radio3d

Hey I'm happy to say that this Unity extension is up and running on Asset Store.
    $icon_SBC.png

After long time of redoing and research, we think we produced an unique way of setting interactive content stories without scripting needs. It has layer style workflow approach of accessing and editing attributes through custom editor inspector scripts. We used in past nodal flowchart editor as can be seen on our blog, but with time and we developed this one for like almoust a year we found this way of navigating through pages and editing a lot more native and easier to understand to everyone. Basically what you get is a nice tool which can ease and speed up process of building interactive story books in Unity. It can also be used for hidden object game setup and all of that without need of scripting. Just choose new storybook from menu, set it's name and pages and You're ready to go.

Some of nice features are:

• Works with Unity free and pro (Platform Dependent Compilation)
    • Tested and working in unity 3.5 and 4.x (same scripts, different methods in different versions 100% compatibility)
    • Works in most of unity export methods: win standalone, osx, web, swf, iOS, Android
    • Easy to mange pages, with layer like workflow.
    • Edit all page objects and their settings in one place.
    • Plays animation sequences on objects with alpha channels, also same object can be interactive.
    • Make objects/actors interact with each other by simply linking and typing action.
    • Subtitles editor + multiple language subtitle support, changeable during runtime
    • Multiple audio language speech support, music, background effects easy mixed in custom inspector editor
    • Switch between ortographic/perspective camera view and maintain with 3D objects screen proportions
    • Easily extensible and clean and open commented code

We have also made forum support on our blog and have plan to build up tons of features in upcoming versions.
    Some video tutorials are being prepared also to show of what is SBC capable of. For now there is just speed up version of how it is supposed to work presentation linked below.
    Also we have cooperation with several studios out there which had used and tested SBC with time. There was always cooperation mode and our interest to make it better and better.
    Also common question we receive on our mails are new Unity 2D framework support. We didn't experimented with new Unity beta yet, but from what is seen cooperation will be manageable and useful stuff, so we gonna work on that when 2D framework will be released.
    But for what SBC stands today is doing 2.5D stories. Meaning it is basicaly 2D setup in 3D enviroment. Which makes easier and more cool various panning and parallax effects.
    This creation is result of long term research and communication with people that lean more on creative side than coding one. Some of neat storybooks are in WIP phase to be released so if interested keep eye on our blog for creations made with SBC.

Manual
    Web
    AssetStore

Be Well!

2. shwa

shwa

This sounds interesting.

Are you planning to have a web demo so we can see it in action?
    e.g. a demo that shows moving between pages, and chapters, etc.

tx,

shwa

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  3. radio3d

radio3d

Hi there,

I have exported example book which is included in storyBook v1.17 from unity free v3.5. This demo shows main menu with two stories to choose, rest ones can be only description for upcoming ones, but first two are executable. Also first one has changeable subtitles, audio would be also changing if we recorded one, still need to see about that one.
    Currently working of tons of addons for new version which is planned on 1 month of upcoming year

We plan to add transitions in type of 3d book page listing. Function will be available in unity free and pro but with some minor differences. I will write more about it later and some stuff that's coming.

Here is web player link to test: webBook
    or text link(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7480651/webBook.html)

4. buatcemmacem

buatcemmacem

Hi....
    Sorry but I am currently thinking about making a story book, and this seems interesting. That said, I want to know if it support ads insertion. Please confirm.

5. nikosurfing

nikosurfing

Hello there, is it still alive? i want to buy it on asset store but according to the SBC forum, there are too many error and compatibilty issues on Unity 4.3. Please tell me that you're still working on it and you'll update it soon.