Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Store player data in a json

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Jack-Mariani, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Jack-Mariani

Jack-Mariani

Hi everyone. I'm trying to search the best way to find the solution to the following, but after an hour of research I'm still a bit confused... mostly beacuse I'm probably a noob.

So... I need the following.
    A log in system: that simply checks player name and password. If correct player will be allowed to start playing, with no connection required to continue.
    A json to store player data: when player quits, or in particular events, I want the player to reconnect and send specific data to the server.

Now the question is: where I could store this json so that it would be easily accessible? Is there any cloud system?

If there are other ways (outside of databases) to store player data I'd like to know about them.

Especially: is there any asset or any service that could help me to store player in any cloud?

Thank you very much.

2. CloudSpark

CloudSpark

Congrats on your first post, Jack!

CloudSpark was built exactly for this sort of thing, and we're currently inviting developers to join up and give us feedback as we leave covert mode behind. Send us an email to sales@cloudspark.io and we'll have you running in 30 seconds. :)

3. imtrobin

imtrobin

Unfortunately there's no option to self host

4. CloudSpark

CloudSpark

Thanks for your response imtrobin.

It is quite possible to self-host a JSON data store, both in and outside of CloudSpark. MongoDB, for example is a popular NoSQL database that acts as a JSON (technically BSON) store. Photon provides both an easy managed solution as well as a self-serve license that allows you to deploy Photon on your own servers.

The nature of CloudSpark is that you can have as much or as little control of the stack as you like - you can self-host your data (e.g using MongoDB) and pull it in from your CloudSpark cloud, or you can even deploy a CloudSpark cloud on your own servers. We like to think that we make it easier than the other choices available, but check it out and see for yourself. :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014