Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Store build validation errors, anyone else?

Discussion in 'VR' started by Lostlogic, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

Platform version launch
    Error Found: The high OS version validation detected the following errors:

App launch
    Error Found: The app launch test detected the following errors:
    Cannot launch App

Crashes and hangs
    Error Found: The crashes and hangs test detected the following errors:

The strange thing is, it runs fine on my dev hardware. Does not crash, etc. Does anyone know the trick to get a Hololens app to build and validate?

2. unity_andrewc

unity_andrewc

Unity Technologies

Hi Lostlogic - sorry for the lack of response here, but we are looking into validation errors after you raised the issue. Just wanted to make sure you didn't feel like your report fell on deaf ears.

Out of curiosity, did you run into this when you were just trying out the ability to build for the store, or is your app mostly ready to go (are we blocking your release with this)?

3. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

Hi there,

"Out of curiosity, did you run into this when you were just trying out the ability to build for the store, or is your app mostly ready to go (are we blocking your release with this)?"

A little of both. I've experienced problems with mobile stores in the past and wanted to ensure I had the MS Store process down since the HoloLens Contest by you guys is coming due this November.

Is there any way to publish and only see it myself to test if its working properly?