Search Unity

Storage size is much larger on Tizen when compared to Android. Should I modify texture settings?

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by robson_depaula, Jun 21, 2017.

1. robson_depaula

robson_depaula

Dear Tizen support,

The android version of my app uses approximately 60 MB of storage (after installation). It is a 2D game and the sprites are all in power of two dimensions with compression enabled in import settings.

The same game when installed on Tizen, eats up 300 MB of storage.

Should I modify the import settings for Tizen?

Any other tips?

Thank you

2. Jaehyun

Jaehyun

Unity Technologies

Are you using "Don't override" as Texture Compression and your texture files have alpha channel?
    If it is, I recommend you to use "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4bit" as Format in Texture settings of each image files, and then pack the atlas again with these files. Tizen does not support ETC2 format yet. If you didn't set any texture format in Tizen, the textures which has alpha will be changed to RGBA16bit format automatically.

3. robson_depaula

robson_depaula

Thank you @Jaehyun, enabling override and changing all 2D textures to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4bit" the storage use went down to 108 MB. A huge improvement but still far from 60 MB from Android.

Do you know when Tizen will support the ETC2 format?

Best Regards

4. sukwon-suh

sukwon-suh

@robson_depaula

etc2 : opengles3.0

All commercial tizen devices (Z1, Z2, Z3, Z4) doesn't support opengles3.0 currently.
    So ETC1 will be the main compressed format for a while.

Thank you.

Jaehyun likes this.