Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Stopping FreeLook Camera Momentum

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Jjules, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Jjules

Jjules

Hello! Maybe this has already been answered, but I checked the Documentation and the Forums and didnt see the answer to this (probably simple) question.

When rotating using the Freelook camera, the camera likes to ramp up, moving slow at first and speeding up over time, and when I let go the camera still swings quite a bit before it finally comes to a stop. I realize this behavior is intentionally built into Cinemachine, but I would like to either mostly or totally disable it (and hopefully I have control over which of the two I want to do)

I figured this is due to the acceleration/deceleration values, but even with Decel Time at 0 it still takes quite some time to come to a complete stop. Accel Time is set to 1, because extremely low values there makes the camera go bonkers when I try to rotate it, and with it at 1 it still takes time to ramp up. And yes, I checked my input, and it isn't a problem with the gravity or sensitivity

Thank you for your time!

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Your approach is correct, but there is a bug in FreeLook, fixed in CM2.1. Accel and decel values were not being respected.

3. Jjules

Jjules

And it comes out this week, man you guys are freaking awesome! Thank you so much!