Search Unity

Stop Writing Position and Rotation Parameter ins Timeline

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Matze_MP, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Matze_MP

Matze_MP

Hi,

i got several light sources recorded and animated (Just Light strength) but it seems like the director is saving the position and rotation parameter, how can i disable that ?

And will there be a feature to move keyframes which are recorded in the timeline without going into the curves editing mode ?

thanks for your time

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

It shouldn't touch the rotation or position values if there are no keys, curves or clips that affect them. Can you provide a sample timeline where that happens?

We don't have it scheduled to be able to move the infinite track keyframes, but we are aware that is a desired feature and it may show up in a future release.

3. Matze_MP

Matze_MP

I can give you screenshots in the meanwhile. This is the Timeline Keyframes but in Inspector Postion and Rotation are also affected. The Problem is if i want to reposition the lights it appears first right but when i play back the timeline it jump on the position/rotation Parameters "recorded" upload_2019-2-22_15-43-3.png
    upload_2019-2-22_15-44-24.png

Also when i go in record mode they going red aswell as changed parameters

Babiole likes this.
  4. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks - yes, it's putting it in preview mode, but it isn't overwriting the values. If you need to move the object, you can disable preview in timeline.

That is a bug however, it shouldn't be putting those into preview, unnecessarily. We'll look into a fix.