Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Stop Playing And Recompile on script change no longer works

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by Carpet_Head, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Carpet_Head

Carpet_Head

This causes a lot of productivity loss

upload_2019-9-19_16-29-55.png

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I find this feature usually breaks in betas and alphas, likely because it's turned off for testing or such. It's not new and usually comes back closer to the end of the beta. Thanks for reporting though!

3. Carpet_Head

Carpet_Head

still seems broken

4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

A fix for this issue landed in 2019.3.0f1. Is it still occuring in the latest 2019.3 releases?

5. Carpet_Head

Carpet_Head

yep, in 2019.3.0f3. If my application is running, and i change a line of code, the project recompiles, throws a whole bunch of exceptions which takes a load of time, then stops playing.

Current behaviour: Recompile -> Loads of errors due to domain reload, takes time->stop playing
    Old behaviour: Stop playing, recompile, no exceptions and really fast

I can reproduce this in an empty project with one dummy script

If you watch the spinny wheel at the bottom that signifies compiling, you can clearly see it start spinning before play mode is left

6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a bug report for this issue so we can have a look at your editor.log? It would also help if you could record a short video of the issue and attached that to the report.

We were not able to reproduce this based on your description of the problem.