Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Stop Oculus headtracking on 2nd camera

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Harrison_Hough, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Harrison_Hough

Harrison_Hough

Hey guys,

I am using a second camera to render on top of the main camera which I am going to use for UI and such. The second camera is parented to the main camera (so that it follows your head). The problem is that both cameras are still moving relative to the Oculus head tracking. So my question is how can I prevent the 2nd camera from being effected by the head tracking?

I have tried changing the "target eye" value to none (Main Display) and while that does prevent the tracking/movement it also prevents the 2nd camera from being rendered in the Oculus. Surely theres some way (through code or otherwise) to make the oculus ignore a particular camera?

I have also tried using the OVRCameraRig prefab and just a regular camera (for the main camera)

cheers!

Attached Files:

2. Harrison_Hough

Harrison_Hough

So I just realized I dont need to have the 2nd (GUI) camera parented to the Main camera at all because i am only rendering out the GUI Layer.
    But I'd still like to know how to have a 2nd Camera ignore the head tracking. Because when the camera moves (with head tracking) it makes the GUI text jitter.

3. CStampGames

CStampGames