Search Unity

Stone Tile Substance

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Xepherys, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Xepherys

Xepherys

Hi everyone!

I just submitted my first asset to the Asset Store - a great stone tile substance. It's something I've been working on for my game, Labyrintheer, and thought others might benefit from it. Once it's listed, it'll be 99c for a while, then probably going up to a few dollars. I hope to continue to add such assets, and possibly build a package of them down the road.

The primary thing that makes this useful, at least for my purpose, is that the tiles can be "sunk" and destroyed, leaving more ground, or made more complete. There are several sliders for various destruction bits, source/target modifiers for color, tile count on both X- and Y-axes (which allows for non-square tiles) and randomization components exposed to give a wide range of options for use.

Some basic tiles. There are four GameObjects here, each with slightly different settings, including tile density (5x5, 5x4, 4x5, 4x4 - clockwise from top left).

The same tiles above, but mostly destroyed. This destruction is done by setting the 'Dirt-Ground 1 Mid' slider up higher.

Primary color change on the stone.

Highlight color change.

Lowlight color change.

Anyway... I'll update this first post with the link once it goes live. I'd love to hear feedback and field any questions anyone might have.

infinitypbr likes this.