Search Unity

Stolen Models in Asset Package

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LNMRae, Feb 23, 2015.

1. LNMRae

LNMRae

So, I sat down to play a bit of Left 4 Dead 2 today with some friends and realized that some of the models look really familiar. Then it hit me, the models are exactly the same from a package I purchased a while back.

This is the asset package in question: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/19371

Here are the comparison pics, taken by myself. Sorry for the awful lighting, that’s…just how Left 4 Dead 2 looks.

Anyone have any ideas how to report this and request a refund? A quick google search didn't bring up anything.

2. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

3. zugsoft

zugsoft

Maybe Left 4 Dead 2 bought this Asset ? :D
    Else, it's not your problem if Anders Ahlmann reproduce or not 3d model.

4. LNMRae

LNMRae

MikeUpchat, thanks for the email address, I will do that.

Left 4 Dead 2 is produced by Valve. No, it is highly unlikely that they purchased this asset or any others. Not to mention the game came out years ago.

And I'm not sure what you mean, it is my problem if I produce a game with stolen assets, regardless if I had knowledge of it at the time it not. What it comes down to is the seller doesn't hold the copyright of the models. He has no right to sell them, so I do not gain the right to use them by purchasing them from him, simple as that. Someone ripping the models and selling them is illegal.

JamesClow likes this.