Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

STOLEN Assets Scam: Master Anim System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MadeFromPolygons, Apr 18, 2018.

1. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

This user is consistently popping up and selling stolen assets that are bundled with asset store assets he does not own. He avoids punitive measures by selling his scam through discord.

Something really needs to be done about this, I know seasoned developers can smell this from a mile away but some newer users seem to be falling for this.

They are charging $1000+ for this:

https://gamejolt.com/games/MAS/310039/devlog/unity-2017-master-anim-system-wip-17-m4xftr2s

https://www.reddit.com/r/Unity3D/comments/74hz8v/master_anim_system_gta_template_for_unity_mobile/

every thread they post people call them out for selling stolen stuff.

Please can someone officially contact them to stop this? Its ridiculous that they can make so much from this and get away with it while the rest of us TOIL TO DO IT PROPERLY.

EDIT: type in "unity user meheraj7" into google and see the kind of stuff that comes up. Do we really want this sort of plagarism associated with unity and so highly ranked in SEO?

If this really does not break any rules, then someone needs to rehash them because it should not be possible to work on an asset for months or even years, and have another user rip it off or directly include it, not tell you, not pay you royalties, and actively laugh at users on reddit who point this out.

I would also like to point out that their "license" costs more than an entire year of MayaLT.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    ChakibChemso and Meheraj7 like this.
  2. Meheraj7

Meheraj7

lmao btw its $500+

ChakibChemso likes this.
  3. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Want to hurt him? Purchase it and upload it to the web. Jokes asides, what is your proof that he stole assets and reselling them?

Your MayaLT comment is funny, what does that mean? I Porsche cost more then a VW...

Meheraj7 likes this.
  4. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

I dont have the asset I am just going by what I have seen many other devs experience over the last 8 months. I dont really care about hurting them, I just want to make sure that any dodgy or predatory practises are not being targeted at newer members, which it very much seems to be the case from comments outside this forum on the matter.

Also you said what is the proof, at one point users had opened it up and found FinalIK and PuppetMaster in it, those are copyrighted assets by other authors, not for redistribution. The user is not paying them royalties. This has been called out multiple times, not by me.

The comment on MayaLT means exactly what it said. This license for rip off and plagiarized content costs more than an official license for industry standard 3d modelling and rigging software that has matured over years. That seems very wrong to me.

Ultimately, why wont the user upload to the asset store and allow unity to peak inside, if its all their content and not other peoples and does not break any rules?

Anyway, this was more for the reddit users who have been getting slowly peeved at seeing this every 2 weeks from the same user, and to make sure anyone new here at least takes anything stated by the author about the asset with a pinch of salt.

EDIT: and ofcourse, ultimately if you are being truthful @Meheraj7 and you havent stolen anything, and crucially: have never sent anyone a copy of this asset when it DID contain stolen stuff, then there is nothing you have done wrong and I am sincerely sorry! Unfortunately due to the last 8 months of threads on the matter and comments to and from you on reddit and your strange discord practise, I really dont believe this is the case.

5. DontStealMyStuffPls

DontStealMyStuffPls

Alright so I've just hopped on an alt account because I don't want to make myself a target to this guy if he is actually stealing other people's content and to be honest the way he's replying to your accusation makes him look like he's actually stealing and reselling content. He does not seem very eager to prove that he's selling his own stuff and at that price point this seems like he's trying to make a quick buck so it looks even more like a scam to me.

But please give us some kind of proof to work with. Accusations simply wont cut it and if he actually is stealing content then it should be very easy to prove.You say some people have already checked his stuff and that there is stolen content in it. Can you link to this? Are those more claims by other users or is there actual concrete proof that what he is selling contains stolen content?

Anyway, I hope this guy gets more than a slap on the wrist / ban if he actually is stealing content. Whatever legal actions could be taken against this person, if they are justified and based on concrete evidence, should be taken. He is not only hurting the people who are paying an insane price for stuff they could have obtained at a cheaper price, he is also hurting people who actually worked on the content which he is stealing.

6. LaneFox

LaneFox

You haven't actually posted any proof.

Aside from that, the content isn't on the Asset Store so there's not really anything Unity or the mods can do for you here. Other than starting drama it seems like a rather useless thread.

7. Meheraj7

Meheraj7

well to be fair, he has been spamming that my assets are stolen in multiple websites and posts, so I cant make the effort to explain it to him again and again. but i found it funny that he is trying so hard while having no proof. and I have also stated in the descriptions if i have used third party assets, if i did use, i require my clients to purchase those assets in order to run this. and tbh i see my works as templates more than assets. its like a kickstarter for people who are mostly into graphics development but need programmers. I've had enough clients to trust my work, and I am cool with what ever he is trying to pull of by doing all this because it really isnt affecting me in anyway

8. PhilipRit

PhilipRit

So let me hop in here aswell.

Yes the guy is reselling other people there assets. In the Unity rules is this not allowed and I will write out a email to all the creators of the assets since I have the Master Anim System.

We are talking about weapon assets, car assets, some of the animations in the trailer a partly by Mixamo.co(thats no issue) others are from Kubold his animation packs.

There is alot of assets in here where of the IP's are not owned by Meheraj and his team.

I also send out a email with all proof the Unity content team!

9. TokyoWarfareProject

TokyoWarfareProject

That hello is familiar to me from a freeware heli asset that I believe is now deprecated.

10. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hurt his sales... release the asset on torrent :D

11. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

You're probably joking but just in case someone takes it serious I would think, since it's alleged that he includes other developers' assets, that would be a bad idea.

If the developer legitimately requires his clients to purchase those assets then there's no reason for him to include them in his package at all.

12. ChakibChemso

ChakibChemso

i've been using ur gta sa mods for ages but idk if that guy is saying the truth and this thread is dead BTW