Search Unity

STILL #1 On The Mac App Store!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by RocketeerGames, Feb 4, 2012.

1. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

2. Wolfos

Wolfos

Certainly not bad. Have it installed, but not played yet. Thought it was another bad iOS port, but if it's made with Unity I'll give it a go.

EDIT:
    in region, I can only select 'USA', I'm not from there. What's up with that?

3. _Petroz

_Petroz

There are countries other than USA ?

4. Wolfos

Wolfos

Well, the graphics are pretty S***. In the level I played corn doesn't move when you walk against it, there are no normal maps at all, motion blur gives me a headache and the textures are terrible.
    Also, footsteps don't make sound which makes half of the game very quiet.
    I like the speed of the game though, makes it very fun.

5. ivanzu

ivanzu

Graphics don't make the game ;).

6. hasullivan

hasullivan

Cool to hear. I will check it out next time I charge up my iPod.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  7. Wolfos

Wolfos

Well, OP wanted feedback and that's my feedback. I like games that are pretty to look at.

8. Morning

Morning

The gameplay is fun but I stopped playing soon after I discovered the only way to get weapons is to either pay real money or rent using medals. Even then it takes ages to grind enough medals for a single weapon.
    Did you implement new weapons with every level or not yet?

9. marf

marf

How have you implement the soldier in the first person? Do you use a local player and a remote player? Because in my game I have some problems remplacing my capsule with weapons and arms attached to it with my player model.

10. Meltdown

Meltdown

I thought USA was in Utah?

11. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

That's all part of the Free 2 Play design concept. We chose to go with the F2P model due to having pretty poor sales with the previous version of our game, and also due to piracy. Red Crucible 2 is now thousands of time more successful then RC 1.1 ever was. IMO any indie game dev not considering the F2P model is a fool who won't be in business very long! All of our games from now on will be F2P. Of course we add A LOT of truly free value to our game, that no other F2P game dose, and I think the popularity if Red Crucible 2 shows that.

Even so, in the next game update (soon) we are adding new player progression, skill tree and Clans. With progression you will be able to get many premium items without using coins...

12. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

Have you tried setting your graphics to the highest level???